PAUSE4kids provides scholarship or grant funding for programs or services for children with special needs. The Board of Directors reviews applications submitted by individual parents on behalf of their child. Due to limited funding, the maximum scholarship we can provide is $500 per child per year. Detailed Scholarship Guidelines are below, and are also linked at the bottom of the page. To be considered for a scholarship, the family must live within the area served by Ventura County SELPA. Parents who have limited financial resources or compelling special circumstances will receive priority. We currently have a limited number of scholarships available for 2011. To apply for a scholarship, please fill out our application(see link at bottom of page)and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to us at:
Attention: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 7114
Thousand Oaks, CA 91359
Criteria-Who is Eligible?
- Those served by the Ventura County SELPA
- Must have a medical diagnosis, current IEP, or current 504. A copy of at least one of these must be submitted with application
- Must have a financial need
- Applicant must not have been awarded a scholarship within the past 12 calendar months
- No Scholarships can be awarded wherein the service provider is a member of the P4K Board of Directors
Scholarships will not be awarded for:
- Medical costs
- Legal fees or costs
- Private education
Scholarship Eligibility Provisions:
- If requested service is a Regional Center provided service, we will require a denial of service letter from the Regional Center.
- Scholarships will not be awarded if requested service is covered by applicants medical insurance.
- Application will be reviewed and decision notification sent to applicant within 60 days of application receipt.
Disbursement and Tracking of Scholarship Money:
- Invoice for scholarship award money must be sent directly from service provider
- PAUSE4kids must receive invoice directly from service provider within 180 days of notification of approval
- Any scholarship award not used within 180 days of approval date will be deemed void.
PAUSE4kids will consider scholarships throughout the year as long as funds are available.
Scholarship award amount: Not to exceed $500.00 per calendar year.
A printable version of this information can be found here.
A printable version of the Scholarship Application can be found here.